diumenge, 22 de juny del 2014

BRIDGES.

The prompt this week at Poetry Jam is bridges. The topic of this poem is the lack of the strength to go on living as a consequence of having little or nothing to live for. But in the end one decides this attitude must radically change. In order to do that, one has to cross the bridge, which is something really difficult. What lays on the other side of the bridge represents the unattainable, the unreachable: the strength to go on.

I see you standing on the other side
Just the shadow of what I should be
Teasing me, laughing at me - no light
Just the shadow of what I could be

I see you standing in the wrong place
The place I can't seem to reach
But in the distance I can see your face
Still through our long open breach

You see me standing
But never waiting
For you to come and rescue me
Instead I cross the bridge

12 comentaris:

  1. It's a leap of faith worth taking. Thank you!

    ResponElimina
    Respostes
    1. That's exactly what I wanted to convey! Thanks for reading and commenting, Laurie.

      Elimina
  2. we all have to take our own leaps as well...not something someone else can do for us...

    ResponElimina
    Respostes
    1. Indeed... Thank you for stopping by, Brian!

      Elimina
    2. so cool that you skipped me...thank you...i feel special being skipped...

      Elimina
    3. I know, I kept thinking of reading yours, it's just that I've been very busy this week... But you already have my comment!

      Elimina
  3. Hopefully, once the bridge is crossed, the persona will no longer be the shadow of what they could be.

    ResponElimina
    Respostes
    1. That's it, they will finally be what they can be, or even what they are. Thank you for your comment, Gabriella!

      Elimina
  4. I can relate to looking at an indistinct version of what I could be, even now after all these years I think it hard to get all the way across that bridge. I enjoyed your poem.

    ResponElimina
  5. I'm glad you gave the poem your own approach and enjoyed it. Thank you, Peggy!

    ResponElimina
  6. I like this poem. Sometimes we just have to take a chance.

    ResponElimina
    Respostes
    1. That's it. If we don't do it ourselves, nobody will. Thanks for reading and commenting, rallentanda!

      Elimina